Best of Beauty 2017
Well, 2017 is about to come to a close...and I couldn't let it pass without rounding up my favorite beauty products of the year. This group is the crème de la crème. These are the products that I reached for over and over, the ones that I emptied and repurchased, and the ones that wowed me every single time.
- Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser - I've mentioned this cleanser a number of times (like here and here), and I've repurchased it more times that I can count. It doesn't strip your skin, and it's so gentle that you can even use it to remove eye makeup without any stinging.
- Glossier Priming Moisturizer Rich - This is a relatively new addition to my skincare routine, but it has turned into an absolute must to keep my skin from flaking this winter. It also sits well under makeup, which surprised me for such a thick moisturizer.
- Ole Henriksen Truth Serum - 2017 was the year for me to start taking anti-aging products seriously, and this serum has become a staple for me every morning. It's light, absorbs quickly, and has improved my skin's overall radiance.
- Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Transformation Gel - I credit this gem with helping to keep my acne away, while also significantly fading my acne scars. I use it every night under my moisturizer.
- Milk Makeup Lip + Cheek - As I mentioned in my 5 minute makeup routine tutorial, this is the product that got me hooked on cream blush. As someone with acne-prone skin, I never thought I'd reach for cream products, but I love how natural the dewy finish looks. I wear it in the shade Perk.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer - The consistency of this concealer is perfect. It blends well with good coverage. I use it in the shade Vanilla, which is slightly lighter than my skin, to highlight the areas of my face that I want to elevate.
- NYX Epic Ink Liner - Wearing liquid eyeliner is fairly new for me. It was never something I was able to master well enough to pull off on a daily basis. However, once I discovered a super simple trick, I started reaching for eyeliner more often. What's the trick? You can check it out here! This particular liner is so intensely pigmented that it makes applying a super fine line a breeze, and it comes at a drugstore price.
- L'Oreal Colour Riche Monos - It takes a lot for me to hit pan in an eyeshadow single, but I did for this shadow in the shade Little Beige Dress. It's the perfect shade for me to use as an all-over base, and I use it just about every day under my other shadows. These monos are highly pigmented, with a surprisingly creamy consistency, and have super stay power. I was really shocked to find this quality at the drugstore for such a good price. The other shades that I reach for regularly are Mix and Matte (for inner corners of the eye and under the brow bone), Matte It Up (in the crease), and Violet Beauté (for a smokey violet pop of color).
What were your favorite beauty products of the year?
This post contains affiliate links, but all opinions are 100% my own. I've used-up and repurchased all of these products so many times!